City Rocks uses the sport of rock climbing to build mentoring relationships that empower students from under-resourced communities to develop self-confidence, resiliency, and the ability to succeed.
WHY ROCK CLIMBING?
- Facilitates trusting, supportive mentoring relationships
- Engages kids in healthy physical activity
- Promotes teamwork, problem-solving, mastery, and affiliation
- Provides an outlet for thrill-seeking in a safe environment
- Offers kids constructive use of time after school and on weekends
Climbing and Mentorship Come Together
Rock and Ice Magazine 2016
CITY ROCKS FAST FACTS
The Best Part?
97% of senior mentees graduated & went on to college compared with ~75% school averages.
100% of mentees surveyed feel that their mentor…
- Helps challenge them to succeed
- Helps them put more effort into their learning
- Is someone they are able to look to for guidance
- Helps them see different ways they can deal with their problems
- Helps them feel good about themselves